Choosing the right agency is a vital aspect of the surrogacy journey, whether you are an inquiring surrogate or an intended parent. This decision will significantly affect your entire life. However, this process is not as easy as it sounds; it may even take months before you find the right agency for yourself.
Also, you must consider various facets while making this decision to avoid any chaos later. You may not even know exactly what to look for in an agency. Well, worry not!
Below are the top five things to check before you choose a surrogacy agency.
- Screening and selection process: You must ensure that your agency follows the ASRM (American Society for Reproductive Medicine) guidelines throughout the surrogacy process. They must have the Gestational Carrier (GC) undergo health insurance review, criminal background checks, and psychological evaluation. As an intended parent, it will allow you to move forward with confidence in the carrier, helping you save time and money and avoiding disappointment.
- Fit and support: Determine if the agency is the right fit for you. Ask yourself questions like:
- Are you comfortable communicating with them?
- Do you have easy access to them?
- Are they responsive?
- What resources will they provide?
- Can they get you in touch with people who have been on this journey before?
- What aspects of the surrogacy process are they handling?
Answer these questions, and you will know if the agency is right for you and is offering you the support you need.
- Matching process: Look for an agency that prioritizes quality over speed. One of the most important things to check before you finalize an agency is how the agency takes forward the matching process. They must give you questionnaires, facilitate phone conversions, and encourage both parties to interact with each other. It will allow them to identify solid matches and avoid matches that have no compatibility. Instead of delivering quick service, they should focus on matching preferences and allow you to discuss the criteria in detail.
- Ethics: Surrogacy is a process that can fulfill your dream of becoming a parent. However, you will be surprised to know that agencies have no universal ethical standards or licenses. Therefore, you must observe and analyze the agency’s practices to uncover its ethics.
- Experience: Ask the agency about their experience in this field. The founders of the most reliable agencies are intended parents, former surrogates, or people with experience in this field. They must have a genuine desire to help people build families. With experience comes the ability to explain the process clearly to the clients. Therefore, ensure that they take you through the entire surrogacy process with clarity.
About Tammuz Family
You must check the above-mentioned things before you choose a surrogacy agency. At Tammuz Family, we offer a full range of comprehensive and guaranteed IVF surrogacy programs. We are an international surrogacy, fertility, and egg donation company. Our clients choose us for our one-stop-shop approach and low agency fees, making our programs affordable and accessible. For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online contact form.