As an intended parent, choosing an egg donor is one of the most important and challenging decisions. It can be overwhelming to navigate this decision. However, when selecting the donor, you are more likely to be drawn toward people with specific characteristics like you. Ideally, you should choose someone with whom you connect. You must also keep certain things in mind during this process.
Below, we have listed a few dos and don’ts of egg donation for intended parents!
- Seek expert guidance: You can either start independently or hire a surrogacy agency. But, you must understand that egg donation is a complicated process. You will have to look after many things —- legal matters, egg donor screening, coordination, contracts, trusts, and more. That is why you should hire an agency and let the experts handle everything. It will allow you more time to focus on developing a good relationship with the donor and preparing for parenthood.
- Take your time: Take your time and accept the issues you have had in the past. Get in touch with Tammuz; they will help you understand if you are prepared for the program. We focus on the child’s well-being and ensuring that there is no resentment on your end towards the baby.
- Have realistic expectations: Egg donation is a natural experience. You cannot control or predict when the medications show results or what the quality of the egg will be. All these elements are beyond any human’s control. That is why Tammuz Family helps intended parents to have realistic expectations throughout the process.
- Do not allow judgements of others to affect you: It is a luxury to have a difference of opinion with people around you; otherwise, it will be boring, and you will never grow as a person. However, often those opinions can be too harsh and judgemental. But do not let them affect you. It should not matter who agrees with your choices because it is ‘your’ life. Be strong and do what you want to do. You will one day thank yourself for this.
- Do not believe egg donation myths: Several myths are surfacing on the internet around egg donation. However, remember not everything you read or hear is true. Whenever you hear anything that creates a sense of doubt in your mind, you should immediately consult the specialists at Tammuz Family to learn the truth about egg donation.
- Do not forget to do your research: You should be well-versed with the egg donation process and know about every step in detail. Plus, as intended parents, you should know your responsibilities towards the egg donor and understand how your life will change after the baby is born.
About Tammuz Family
You must keep the above-listed dos and don’ts of egg donation in mind to go ahead with the process smoothly. At Tammuz Family, we offer a full range of comprehensive and guaranteed IVF and surrogacy programs. We are an international surrogacy, fertility, and egg donation company. Our clients choose us for our one-stop-shop approach and low agency fees, making our programs affordable and accessible. For more information, write to email@example.com or fill out our online contact form.